1. What licence do I need to drive a Piaggio Ape? You can drive a Piaggio Ape 50 on a provisional driving licence with L plates from the age of 16...
2. How much do they cost to tax? The Piaggio Ape 50 costs just £17 per year and the Classic and Calessino £72
3. Can two people sit in the van? The Ape 50 allows only one person in the front cab, but its slightly big brother version the APE TM 200 allows two with the steering wheel option.
4. Do I need a street trading licence? Yes, if you want to trade from a public highway or council location. Contact your local council.
5. Is it easy to get insurance? Insurance for these vans is expensive, but we can help you with this.
6. Do I have a choice of colours? Yes a wide variety of colours are now available from Piaggio including red, white, dark blue, light blue, orange, green, yellow, white and black
7. Can you do a different style of Ape? Yes, we offer many different types of conversions to suit our customers needs and requirements, whatever you want! Have a look at our CONVERSIONS page here
8. Are they tuktuks? I suppose so, yes, these vehicles where first made in Italy when a farmer attached a trailer to the front of a scooter just after the second world war. They were copied by Indian workshops and grew from there, they call them tuk tuks or tuktuk or rickshaws tukshop
Piaggio Ape 50 Piaggio Ape Calessino 200 Piaggio Ape Calessino Piaggio Ape Classic Pick-up Piaggio Ape City Europe Tuktuk Piaggio Porter Range Piaggio Ape prosecco bar Piaggio Ape beer bar Piaggio Ape mobile bar
Tukxi Ltd, Unit 1, Millwey Rise Workshops, Second Avenue, Axminster, Devon, EX13 5HH Tel: 01297 441299 Company registration number: 09178969 Registered in the UK for VAT: 201 2719 58 Unofficial and fully Independent Piaggio Ape dealer